- Users who are enrolled in a Scheduled Offering, LMS automatically triggers messages about registration including the syntax tag STUD_LAST which is properly populated with student's last name.
- After some changes done in segments, admin decides to send notifications by using "Send Notification" functionality from user Actions menu.
- Sending the notificaiton this way, the syntax tag STUD_LAST is not populated and displayed.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin enrolls users into any Scheduled Offering within the LMS
- Users receive notification where tag STUD_LAST is populated with student's last name
- Admin sends notification by selecting the "Send notification" in actions menu of the Scheduled Offering
- Admin selects the users to get notified and template to be used (systemEnrollmentNotification)
- The received message does not have the syntax tag STUD_LAST populated
- Notifications triggered via the 'Send Notification' functionality in the Actions menu in the student snapshot makes use of Adhoc Notification Syntax Tags
- This can be accessed from System Admin > Configuration > Notification Syntax > AD_HOC_NOTIFICATION (Syntax for Ad Hoc Notification)
- There is a specific set of tags that can be part of Adhoc Notifications which can be found in the syntax tag tab in the above section
- Currently the STUD_LAST syntax tag is not part of the Adhoc Notification Syntax Tags and hence cannot be used in this context.
NOTE The "Send Notification" tool supports only some of syntax tags
ad hoc notifications, syntax tags, send notification, actions, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem