Even after the content is updated at the content object level, the old content is still launching.
If you are using Akamai service with the LMS:
- The contents of LMS is stored/cached at multiple locations like the Akamai servers(there are approximately 2,00,000 Akamai Edge servers around the world) where the content is cached from LMS and the old content would still exist there for a day or two until the new content is cached in place of the old one.
Irrespective of Akamai service:
1) The courses/contents at times are cached in the user's browser.
2) The old content has to be disassociated properly from the item before being updated with the new one.
1) The Akamai servers usually takes 1 to 2 days to cache the same content again to keep the content/web pages updated to the latest ones. So the issue might get fixed within a day or two on its own.
2) At times based on the way the content is developed, the contents are cached in the user's browser cache. Please request the users to clear the cache and cookies from their browser if they are facing the issues and request them to try again.
3) Also, when you are modifying a content at the item level, make sure you use "Clear Online Content" under the Online Content setting before you update it with the new content so that the content that is cached(old content) at the server is removed/dissociated properly before the new content can be propagated. At this point, the item should not be assigned to any user(as there would be a conflict of content), if yes, please remove the item from the users' learning plan. Refer the screenshot below:
Content is not updated, Old content is still appearing, Old content cached, content cache , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , Problem