You want to request for a restore point.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
- SAP Cloud for Customer.
You can request a restore point from service control center, by following the below path:
1. Go to Service Control Center.
2. Go to System View.
3. Select the tenant URL for which you want to request a restore point.
4. Click on Request Restore Point.
The restore point is provided within 24 hours after start of downtime window.
- A restore point is available in the system for a period of 14 days only.
- The restore point is deleted after the retention period is expired.
- The restore point is rendered obsolete after a release upgrade, even if it has been created within the 14 day period described above.
- Once a restore point is taken, SAP Cloud Applications Studio activities are restricted, please avoid deploying new patches as a consistent restore cannot be assured. This restriction is removed in following cases (1) the restore point expires after 14 days, (2) the restore point is deleted before the expiration date or (3) a rollback to the restore point is applied.
- Any critical activity in the source system must be avoided while the restore point creation is in progress. This is required to provide a consistent recovery. The customer must confirm that restore point provisioning is complete in all respects before undertaking such an activity. In case the restore point is not provisioned for any reason (technical or otherwise), there is a huge risk for the customer.
- Provisioning can be taken as complete as soon as there is a confirmation mail from SAP.
- A restore point is only valid for one reset/rollback to restore point only. Multiple request for reset/rollback to restore point from one restore point is not supported.
- A restore point is the only possible way to revert a system to any previous state.
Restore point, backup, data backup, Rollback to Restore point, revert, previous, , KBA , restore point , data backup , backup , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To
|how to request a restore point_CN.pdf|