- What is a BizX Refresh?
- What do you need to consider when getting a BizX Refresh?
- What reporting tools are refreshed?
- Instance Refresh Proccess?
- List of Reporting products refreshed
- What to expect and to do per reporting products enabled in my target instance?
- Q&A Section
Definition: An instance Refresh is copy of your BizX environement into a target instance. After the refresh, the instance "refreshed" and origin instance will be a "clone" instance. For this reason, as we clone all settings and data but your instance might have also different products integrated, SuccessFactors refresh team need to restablish the link with other products that are stand alone product (not in BizX environement) such as WFA/ORD/ODS/Report Centre/Analytics in EC and other products.
- What do you need to consider when getting a BizX Refresh?
You need to know what products are implemented in your target instance such as "Online Report Designer", Workforce Analytics/Planning and Advanced Reporting for Employee Central, Report Centre and Analytics in EC. Only products which are part of HCM Cloud suite can be refreshed.
WFA/P/Online Report Designer/Advanced Reporting for Employee Central is NOT included in the instance refresh proccess (See following charts). However, as part of the refresh proccess, if you have one or many of this products sunch as WFA/P - ORD or Advanced Reporting for EC (also called ODS) please review the section "What to expect and do per product enabled in my target instance?". Even if an integration is not included in the refresh, Successfactors needs to perform admin tasks to reconnect your target instances to what was implemented before the refresh.
This task is perform by Cloud product support team. This engages different teams. This KBA is dedicated for the Reporting/Analytics part. For other product, please refer to the instance refresh KBA.
|Reporting tool that can be refreshed||NOT included||Action required|
|Adhoc||ORD & ODS reports||
Advanced Reporting for Employee Central
|Spreadsheet||ORD & WFA Users|
|Dashboard / Youcalc||ORD & WFA menu|
|Pixel Perfect Talent Card (PPTC)||ORD & WFA bundle|
|Classic reports||WFA/P products|
|List views||All Queries in ORD/WFA/ODS|
Adhoc / Spreadsheet / Dashboard - Youcalc / Pixel Perfect Talent Card (PPTC) / Classic Reports / List view: No action needed. Your reports will be copied exactly as the origin instance. You should have exactly the same configuration between your Origin and Target refreshed instance.
Online Report Designer: You should specify in the incident refresh that ORD is implemented in your target instance. CPS refresh team will retablish the connection to your ORD instance. ORD is not refreshed.
Advanced Reporting for Employee Central: You should open a separate incident for Advanced Reporting team. Title "ODS Reload" - Section : Online Report Designer. Why? the refresh will overwritte all your Employee Central data + Configuration (Datamodel/MDF). Advanced Reporting which is a separate database need to be entirely refreshed but only the Cloud Support Team can do this.
WFA: WFA is not included in this refresh. However, if you previously had WFA link to your instance, CPS refresh team will retablish the connection to your ORD instance. Make sure you have specified this product in the refresh incident.
Q: My company wants to refresh Test instance content and configuration with the current Production Environment. What will be refreshed for all Reporting and Analytics products during the instance refresh proccess?
A: This refresh include only HCM Cloud products. Be aware, Advance Reporting for EC, Online Report Designer, WFA-P product are on different stacks and is not included in your refresh. (See cause section for the charts explaining the instance refresh proccess
Q: What check points are recommended to review before to request for a instance refresh proccess ?
A: For each refresh, you should have sign off a form with all products that you have enable in your instance. Make sure the team engaged in the refresh knows that you have implemented ORD/ODS or WFA product. As your HCM Cloud instance will be entirely refreshed, including the settings, Analytics team need to be engage to retablish the link to your ORD/ODS or WFA instance.
Q: What are the potential issues post instance refresh proccess?
- Access to WFA/ORD/ODS not available post refresh: E.G: A login page is displayed when i try to access to Analytics. Make sure you have notified the refresh team if WFA/ORD or ODS is implemented in your instance. Wait for SuccessFactors confirmation before to log-in to WFA/ORD or ODS.
- The reports doesn't work anymore after refresh: This could be an expected behaviour as you have refreshed all your configuration and data. In ORD or ODS, your reports can be no longer valid because you have refreshed your data and configuration for all HCM Cloud suite products. You should revalidate your reports or create new reports.
- Advanced Reporting data not up to date after refresh: Expected behavior. The refresh concerns only Employee Central product. However, Advanced Reporting for EC must be reloaded to include the new Employee Central data and configuration.You should open a new incident in title "Advanced Reporting or ODS Refresh" or make sure the team in charge of your refresh knows Advanced Reporting is enable in your instance. We will then need to complete a full metadata reload on your instance. Please raise a ticket once the BizX Refresh has been completed. We do not cater for the scheduling of Relaods.
Q: How long the service will be retablished after the refresh for WFA / ORD / ODS?
A: It could take 2-3 business days to retablish the connection between your HCM Cloud instance and WFA/ORD instance. If you have Advanced Reporting(ODS) implemeted, we need to fully refresh your Advanced Reporting (ODS) database and this require additionnal time to be perform by our engineering team.
Q: Should I contact Analytics team for each refresh?
A: Only you have Advanced Reporting implemented. A separate incident to refresh Advanced Reporting must be created to perform this task. This incident can only be opened once the BizX Refresh has been completed. Title : Advanced Reporting refresh for instance XXXXXXX on DCXX. Product : Online Report Designer. Component: LOD-SF-ANA-ODS.
- HCM Analytics - Online Report Designer, Advanced Reporting
ORD,ODS,Refresh,ODS Refresh,ORD Refresh,WFA Refresh, Reload, ODS Reload,Request,Proccess,Company instance refresh,BizX, , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To