Background elements are getting erased when saving the candidate profile
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a candidate profile on the career portal.
- Enter information in all the background elements.
- Click save.
- Notice that some of the values are getting erased.
The reason for the issue is based on misconfiguration of the Candidate Profile Template for background element.
In this case the misconfiguration is based on the same field-name being used twice in the same background element
The Recruiting Handbook states that: "The ifld, ffld, dfld and vfld must have an integer added to the end of the attribute value, such as vfld1, ffld2, etc.
- The integers do not need to be in order (it is possible configure a vfld2 before vfld1 in the background-element)
- The integers do not need to be consecutive (it is possible to configure vfld1 and vfld3 without configuring vfld2)
- The integer has to be unique within the background-element. vfld1 must not appear twice in a single background element.
Professional Services need to be contacted to adjust those fields names in the Candidate Profile XML template by changing the vfld’s integer from one field, in order to make it unique to the background element block.
Background Element, vfld, ifld, ffld, dfld, erased, blank, not saving, candidate profile , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem