Why is People Scope not available for a Detailed Reporting query?
Detailed Reporting (legacy ODS)
Online Report Designer (ORD)
People Scope and Relationship Scope is not available for a Detailed Reporting query because it is based on Employee Central data (Detailed Reporting, legacy ODS). People Scope is only relevant for non-EC data.
However, you are able to set a Person Context.
To set a person context:
1. Create/open a Detailed Reporting query
2. Select Edit menu
3. Select Selectable Options
4. Select the Plus (+) option
5. Select Column
6. Select Grouping
Note: All Descendants to distance 1 of the logged in user would be equal to direct reports of the logged in user.
7. Click OK on all screens
8. Save query
To narrow down the scope of results further for a Detailed Reporting query, please use the applied filters (bottom left).
1. Select Manage Filters
2. Add (or edit or delete if necessary)
3. Select the field required for filtering
4. Select the operator (is equal to, is not equal to etc)
5. Choose to either input the exact field name or select it from a list
6. Select OK
Eg. Narrow down results based on a particular Business Unit.
Please note that the logged in user's EC permissions will affect the results returned (eg. user must have read access to fields to be able to apply a filter based on that field).
Detailed reporting people scope - Relationship scope , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To