You are trying to create a new Lead with status Converted or edit an existing Lead, with the same status using the migration tool, but you receive one of the following error messages:
When creating — "Status is not valid"
When updating — "Changing is not possible; field is read-only"
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer 1711 and higher.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Search for the activity Migration of leads.
- Select Migrate Leads using the Migration Tool.
- Click Upload and upload the migration file to the system.
- Select Execute Migration Step by Step.
- Proceed until Step 3 — Simulate Import.
- One of the error messages will appear.
The status Converted is the end of a Lead life cycle, often generating a new document (Opportunity, Account, Account and Contact). Once this is done, the Lead cannot be modified — even in the UI, all fields will be locked as read-only — and cannot be reopened. That is why the migration tool will not allow you to edit or create a Lead already with this status.
This is the standard system behavior.
If you have maintained a Conversion Limit higher than one in the Leads activity under Business Configuration, you will be able to edit your Leads before reaching the maximum number of conversions (i.e. if your Conversion Limit is set to 4, you may still edit the Lead before converting it all four times).
For example, if you are creating a Lead, you need to create them with status as Qualified, that can then be changed to Declined.
In case you are trying to modify already existing Leads, a Lead with status as Open cannot be declined right away, their status need to be changed to Qualified and then you will be able to decline them.
You may change the status of the Lead to Converted via the Lead UI Thing Inspector.
1. The status flow is the same for updating Leads in UI, so you can check it to find the options available according to the current status.
2. In Leads fine-tuning this status should be marked as Active. Lead cannot be migrated with a status which is marked as Inactive in fine-tuning.
3. It is not possible to upload the Leads with status Converted using any data upload approaches like Migration, Data Workbench, Web services.
4. Currently, only in the Lead UI Thing Inspector -> Action: Convert to Opportunity to allow convert. For Lead to Opportunity, there is some logic in the Action which not just change the status of Lead to Converted and link to Opportunity.
(Example: Writing the conversion information, checking the duplicated Account/Contacts, if the input Company/Contact is Inactive, then also need to switch those BUPA objects to Active before you set the converted status of Lead)
Lead Status at SAP Help Portal
Migration of leads, Lead status, Status Closed, Status Inactive, Upload Leads with status Converted, Converted Leads , KBA , migration of leads , lead status , upload leads with status converted , converted leads , LOD-LE-MKT-LEA , Lead , How To