The option "But Exclude" is not available under "Advanced Selection" for a characteristic in a custom report.
Reproducing the Issue
When you open a custom report and click on the Value Help for a characteristic, the option But Exclude is not available under the Advanced Selection.
This is caused by the definition of the characteristic in the Report Wizard.
In order to correct the definition, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and access the view Design Reports;
- Select the custom report that is presenting the issue and click on Edit With and select Report Wizard;
- Click on Next until you reach the step 5: Define Variables;
- Change the Selection Type of the characteristic from Multiple Values to Any Value;
- Click on Finish to save the report.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To