In the WSDL file you will observe that duplicate entries exists for every extension fields you have created in the original solution, after the creation of patch solution.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to frontend system.
- Application and User Management work center.
- Communication Arrangements sub view.
- Open the relevant communication arrangement created.
- Click on Download WSDL.
The duplicate extension fields appears in the .WSDL file is because the system is a development tenant and hence PDI extended fields from both original solution as well as patch solution will be shown in the respective webservice files. This will not be the case in the target tenant (production).
When patch is assembled and downloaded and then uploaded into Production tenant, there won't be any duplicates, because in production tenant there will be only original solution and no patch namespace. Hence, extension fields from original solution only would exists.
Note: This is the same scenario with Data Sources and Migration Templates/ Mass Data Maintenance Templates.
Now if you want to test in your development teanant without the duplicate fields, If you are consuming webservice via external service integration, then in the .wsdl file, you will have to remove the extension fields which is from the disabled solution.
You can follow the steps for achieving this:
- Download the WSDL file as mentioned in the above Steps to Reproduce section.
- Edit and remove the fields that are displaying from the original solution.
- Logon to SDK and open the patch solution.
- Open the relevant .WSID file.
- Browse the new .WSDL file.
- Activate the solution.
Note: The WSDL file in the communication arrangement will be the same even after making these changes, hence you have to use the WSDL after removing the duplicate extension fields if you want to test it in SOAP UI(for creating or updating, for query/ read operation you will still get the duplicate fields).
Duplicate extension fields , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To