An EC Sales List Return is transmitted, e.g. via *.CSF-file, to the Online Tax Return System ELSTER. When processing the return in ELSTER the following error in thrown.
Sie haben eine inlaendische Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer (USt-IdNr.) angegeben. Es darf keine inländische Umstatzsteuer-Identi fikationsnummer (USt-IdNr.) angegeben werden.
You have specified a domestic VAT Registration Number. A Domestic VAT Registration Number must not be specified.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Under Tax Returns a EC Sales List is produced resulting from a EC Sales List Run under Periodic Tasks.
- This return is then transmitted to ELSTER (Online Tax Return System) - leading to described error.
Invoicing documents included in the EC Sales List Run relate to domestic business partners. The assigned VAT-Code, however, refers to an Inner-European transaction and is therefore included in the EC Sales List.
EC Sales Lists show goods deliveries, other services and deliveries for intra-community triangulations.
- The Country of Tax Authority is DE - Germany.
- In an EC Sales List Tax Return navigate to tab Tax Return
- In the column VAT Registration Number - Registration Numbers having the prefix DE* are included.
- Recorded transactions result from Customer Invoices or Customer Invoice Cancellations with an assigned Tax Event EU Sale of Services, Reverse Charge; Tax Rate: 0%
In SAP ByDesign a generic formal viability check is conducted with regards to the VAT Number format. E.g.: <countrycode> followed by 9 characters.
No specific validation is conducted as to whether a domestic VAT Registration Number is included.
The product - and customer master data has to be maintained accurately in order to prevent the assignment of an EC-VAT-Event for a domestic sales transaction.
As an immediate workaround - the erroneous transaction has to be removed from the resulting data-file.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To