- When using ‘Consolidate notifications for the same recipient into one single email’ feature under notification settings, the system triggers notifications with a generic title and not the subject set in notification settings.
- SuccessFactors Performance Management (PM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the instance as admin;
- Go to Admin Center;
- Click on Company settings;
- Select E-mail notification template settings.
- When you enable the option ‘Consolidate notifications for the same recipient into one single email’ in the system, all email notifications will consolidate to one default email subject.
- The title will show as you see. When you have two different forms' notification being send to one person, it is not correct to choose or specify the subject configured for these two forms. The best choice is the default subject. Therefore, this is not an issue since it is working as designed.
This is an expected behaviour.
If you want to change the default subject but it is not visible, it is probably due to “Specify different templates for each form” being enabled.
If this is the case, please follow the below steps:
To fix the incorrect template one would have to :
- Untick the “Specify different templates for each form” option. This will allow you to see the true default subject (it will still keep the template specific notifications in memory)
- Edit the default subject that should appear for the consolidated email.
- Re-enable the “Specify different templates for each form” option.
- The emails shoudl start reflecting the updated default subject.
- Consolidate notifications for the same recipient into one single email;
- Email notification subject;
- Email notification template settings;
- Generic subject;
- Email sujbect not working.