There is a mass change feature you can use to make changes simultaneously to a large number of positions.
The mass change of field values of positions was only possible via export and import.
- The new mass change processing allows customers to change the field value of positions without the necessity of exporting and importing the affected positions.
- In addition the positions changes can be directly synchronized with the Job Information of the position incumbents.
- At present such mass change runs are only supported for the "Position" object, but not for any other MDF object types.
- It's required to use a rule to specify which positions should be changed (via the IF condition of the rule) and how these positions should be changed (via the THEN condition of the rule).
- Optionally the position-to-jobInfo sync can be triggered.
- The mass change run processing is done with a QUARTZ job.
- The mass change run is realized as MDF object. Permissions need to be set for this MDF object.
As stated above, the Mass Change Run object is RBP-secured by default
- Ensure you are logged in as a user who has admin rights and the ability to change user permissions.
- Navigate to Admin Tools (Drop down arrow next to your username on the top of the page)
a. Go to Administration tools…Manage Employees, select Set User Permissions…then Manage permission Roles.
- Under the Manage Security Section select the ‘Manage Permission Roles’ link
- Select the role that you would like to grant the access to Manage Mass Changes for Metadata Objects
- Click the ‘Permission…’ button to bring up the Permission Settings dialogue box
- In the left pane, under Administrator Permissions, select Metadata Framework
- Now in the right hand pane select the checkbox next to ‘Manage Mass Changes for Metadata Objects’
- Now select ‘Done’ on the Permission Settings dialogue box
- Then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Important: Mass Changes to Positions
- You can use a single rule to define the position target population and the change attributes.
- Changes are effective dated.
- Changes to positions can be synced to incumbents.
- The Mass Change Run object is RBP-secured by default. This means that only permitted users can make such changes.
- Mass Changes to Positions