Changes performed in new notification editor tool are not reflected in old template view
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to any notification template within the application and launch new editor tool
- Change any part of the content (e.g. sentence "The job was happily completed")
- Save your changes done
- Navigate to old template and click preview
- As you can see above, the sentence has not changed to "The job was happily completed"
- Changes are not reflected in old template view.
- Changes completed in new notification editor tool are not reflected in old template view and it is expected system behaviour
- If you check the checkbox "Use Editor Content When Sending Email Notification" at the notification level, it means all future notifications for this template will be sent with content specified in new editor.
- In order to use this editor, you have to navigate as well to SystemAdmin/Configuration/Global Variables and check the same checkbox there.
- But it does not mean that any changes done in new editor will be reflected in old view of the template.
- The old template wills stay unchanged.
- Only in situation when you decide not to use New Editor tool but click launch editor anyway, this is prepopulated by old template content by default.
- But as soon as you change it, changes done are not reflected in old template anymore.
- old template view is not prepopulated with changes done in new editor tool , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem