This affects all customer that have active tenants in the Ashburn datacenter that user SFTP for data transfer.
Customers using this service will need their IT group to make technical changes in the interface scripts as detailed in the letter to customers.
Dear Valued Customer,
As part of SAP SuccessFactors on-going commitment to invest in our cloud platform, we are pleased to announce that our new SFTP service in the Ashburn Data Center is available effective March 29, 2016. The new SFTP service provides a more stable, scalable and resilient SFTP service.
The old SFTP Service will be disabled on December 15th, 2017.
To use the new SFTP service and prepare for your migration, please perform the following tasks as soon as possible for your organization:
- Modify your firewall settings to allow traffic to and from the new SFTP service.
- Change your company’s custom SFTP scripts to point to the new SFTP service.
- Using your current credentials test access to the new SFTP service and report any access issues you may encounter to SAP SuccessFactors Customer Support here.
- The new SFTP DNS is sftp8.sapsf.com
- The external IP is 188.8.131.52
- Please use your current account and password to access the new SFTP service.
- We encourage you to use the new SFTP DNS instead of an IP address when making changes to the new SFTP service.
- If you are not familiar with making the necessary changes outlined above, please contact your company’s internal IT department to convey the requirements and deadlines.
IMPORTANT END OF SERVICE DATES TO NOTE:
To ensure you continue to benefit from all the services and support you are receiving today, ensure the above SFTP updates are completed promptly. Please note the following important dates:
- March 29, 2016: The new SFTP service is available.
- October 30th through November 3rd, 2017: Confirm new SFTP service is connected and actively in use.
- November 6th through November 17th, 2017: Confirm all traffic to the old SFTP service has been redirected to the new SFTP service.
- November 20th through November 28th, 2017: Old SFTP service removal from customer systems.
- November 29th through November 30th, 2017: Old SFTP service decommission and removal from SAP SuccessFactors.
- December 1st through December 8th, 2017: Monitor and resolve any incidents identified.
Reminder notifications will be issued by the SAP SuccessFactors Customer Support organization in advance of decommissioning the old SFTP service.
We are committed to your business and are available to assist you at any time throughout this process via our SAP SuccessFactors Customer Support team.
Your SAP SuccessFactors Team
- Caught JSchException while get 'null' from ftp: sftp8.successfactors.com