You've created an outgoing check and now want to preview its PDF, using the outgoing check form template. You want the list of Open Items (e.g. invoices) assigned to the check to be sorted numerically (e.g. sort the list of invoices numerically under Invoice number column on the PDF). However, you notice that any change you make on the user interface (e.g. sorting the Open Items numerically by External Reference) is not reflected while previewing the outgoing check PDF.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center
- Go to Payment Monitor view
- Search and open any Outgoing Check
- Click View All, move to General tab and check the Open Items section
- Click the External Refence column to sort the open items numerically by External Reference
- Now click Preview > Check
System loads the outgoing check form template and opens it in a PDF document.
You notice that the ordination you made (sorting by External Reference) is not present on the PDF (invoices are listed in a random order).
Currently is not possible to apply any sorting to the data displayed on Outgoing Check Preview (form template).
The system list the invoices in a random order and there's no sorting algorithm implemented on the outgoing checks, meaning that clicking over External Reference in the UI will sort it only in the UI, it doesn't affect the output of the form.
System behaves as expected.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To