- The everify case status is stuck in "Case in Continuance" for more than 10 days
- The Everify case status says Referred to SSA and is not updating
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - All Versions
What is Verification in Process eligibility status?
A case result of Verification in Process means that DHS cannot verify the data and needs more time. The case is automatically referred for further verification. DHS will respond to most of these cases within 24 hours, although some responses may take up to 3 federal government working days. No action is required by either you or the employee at this time, but you can check E-Verify daily for a response.
Source: E-Verify Manual: Chapter 3, Section 2 | https://www.e-verify.gov/e-verify-user-manual-30-case-results/32-verification-in-process
For Live Customer(s)
If you are receiving Verification in Process eligibility status, kindly allow 24 hours up to 3 federal government working days for DHS to provide result of the status.
In addition, the E-Verify Activity Hiring Manager or Assignee should take note of the following:
- Check E-Verify for case result updates
- Follow next steps based on case result provided
- An employer may not take adverse action against an employee because of a Verification in Process result
How to refresh E-Verify Activity that received Verification in Process eligibility status?
- Navigate SAP SuccessFactors HCM > Onboarding > E-Verify
- Take or open affected candidate's activity click next to continue the workflow
- Click finish and take note of that DHS will respond to most of these cases within 24 hours, although some responses may take up to 3 federal government working days
- Open the activity again and refresh to verify the current status
A Verification in Process status result will provide one of the below eligibility status. Each result requires its own actions or steps to continue or close the activity;
- EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED
- TENTATIVE NONCONFIRMATION (TNC)
- CASE IN CONTINUANCE
What action to take if an E-Verify activity with Verification in Process status took longer than 3 federal government working days?
Please reach out to SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support in SAP One Support Launchpad via SAP Expert Chat or Support Incident to check your candidate's status in E-Verify directly. Kindly provide the following information:
- Candidate Name
- Case Number
Product Support will provide your next action.
Additional Information and Reminder
There are scenarios where candidates that will take several days for DHS to respond and this is out of scope for support. Product Support will help you check the case but do not have control of the status being provide by DHS.
SAP SuccessFactors, Onboarding, OBD, ONB, LOD-SF-OBD, EVF, LOD-SF-OBD-EVF,e-Verify, Everify, E-Verify, DHS, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, USA, United States of America, Verification, Verify, Employment, I-9, I9, SSA, Social Security Administration, Authorized, Work, , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-EVF , e-Verify , How To