- Whenever a new record is insterted/upserted/updated via API(SFAPI/Odata), one email notification gets triggerred to an email id in below format-
- This email notification was never specifically subscribed by the customer.
Successfactors BizX system
Reproducing the Issue
Update any user in Successfactors instance via API call.
- This notification is sent to the email id specified for the username used to perform this update/upsert operation.
- And in order to identify which user, go to the API Audit Logs(choose SFAPI/Odata depending upon which API protocol was used to perform the operation) and search for the corresponding 'update/upsert' operation.
- Once done, you will see a screen like below(Odata API Audit Log screenshot for example)-
- Now on this screen, you need to view the value for the field 'Login ID' for the corresponding operation.
- And you can then check for the email Id specified in the system for this user by viewing this user's profile.
- Now this is a designed behavior and cannot be changed.
Now, in case you don't want to receive these email notifications you can follow below recommendations-
- Create a user specifically for API operations.
- Now you can either leave the email id field blank or provide a dummy email id(in case it is marked as mandatory for your instance) so that you do not receive these email notifications.
KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , SF API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , SF Integrations - EC Payroll, Boomi/ HCI, API , Problem