You are allocating bank charges in the payment allocation, nevertheless you notice that there is no option to assign a cost center nor the defaults for account determination groups set for the company ID works to assign a cost center in the resulting journal entry.
SAP Business ByDesing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Payment Allocation view.
- Edit the concerned payment allocation.
You have allocated the amount in the Bank Charges/Interest tab.
- Open the concerned journal entry for this payment allocation
You see that there is no cost center derived, although you have maintained it under Set Defaults for G/L Account Determination Groups.
You have different setup for account determination depending on how the costs are allocated in the originating source document (payment allocation).
- Amount allocated in the Bank Charges/Interests: When fees are allocated via such tab, the system does the account determination via Cash ledger -> Interest/Change. Therefore, the G/L Account is derived based on the account determination group of the bank account. For this circumstance, the cost center is not derived.
- Amount allocated in the Allocation to G/L Account: With this allocation, you directly specify an account determination group through which the system will do the account determination in the Cost ledger -> General Expenses. In this tab, you have a Cost Center column and may set up the system so that the same G/L Account is derived by this means, as in the Cash ledger.
The default account assignment for G/L account/account determination group is triggered when the user does a cost assignment to G/L account from the User Interface (UI) only. In the above case, where the bank fees are allocated via Allocation to G/L Account and account determination group, the system would populate the cost center column automatically based on this default account assignment rules, which is then reflected in the journal entry. This is not used for the first case of Bank Charges and Interests.
It is the current system design that the cost center is not derived in the occurrence of a posting via Bank Charges and Interests.
For newer bank statement imports, you could set up rules for analyzing memo lines so that the payment allocation posts it to the G/L Account and selects a cost center as required. Please, refer to ByDesign documentation Memo Line Analysis Rules and Assign a G/L Account to a Memo Line Analysis Rule.
Bank Charges, Payment Allocation, Bank Fees, Journal Entry, Cost Center, Automatic Postings, No Cost Center , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To