You are using the report Inventory Balance and you notice that this report is slow to run or even times out (error Report cannot be opened; report an incident.).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Report List in the work center where this report is assigned to (for example work center Physical Inventory).
- Open the report Inventory Balance, make a selection and click on Go.
The report loads for a long time and may result in the error Report cannot be opened; report an incident.
The Inventory Balance report is different from other reports in that it retrieves snapshot details and all relevant confirmations for the selected period of time, and aggregates this information. The report basically works with historical transactional data, which can be millions of records (also depending on the amount of data in your system). This is why the loading times for this report are longer than usual.
We are constantly working on improving the performance as much as possible considering the nature and the design of the report. In the meantime, please follow the following guidelines to get the required data:
- Enter one or several specific products in the selection area.
- Should this not be possible, please fill in the other variables like Site, Storage Location and Logistics Area.
The aim is to restrict the amount of data as much as possible.
- Alternatively, you can set up a broadcast with this report and send it to the relevant employees via e-mail. This is done in the work center Business Analytics, view Broadcast. Set the format as XML and mark the ZIP checkbox. For details on broadcasts, please also see the help document Broadcasts Quick Guide.
Inventory Balance Report, Report cannot be opened; report an incident , KBA , report cannot be opened , inventory balance report , AP-PIP , Physical Inventory Processing , How To