Requesting a logon certificate in Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 8.1 and above is not possible.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a ByDesign or Cloud for Customer system.
- Go to Personalize.
- My Settings and open Manage Certificates.
- Click on Request Logon Certificate.
- Enter your credentials and click Request Certificate.
- After this nothing happens and no browser logon certificate is created.
Since the upgrade to Windows 8.1 the increased security settings of Microsoft prevent the certificate to be generated. As this is a Internet Explorer specific limitation, the developers already informed Microsoft about this, but as of now there is no permanent solution for this issue.
As a workaround the logon certificate can be requested in Mozilla Firefox and imported to Internet Explorer.
- After requesting a certificate go to the Firefox Options.
- Click on Advanced and Certificates.
- Open the Your Certificates tab and backup / save the certificate locally.
Once you are done with this, go to the Internet Explorer options, Contents, Certificates and Import the previously saved certificate under Personal.
KBA , empty , request , download , logon , certificate , error , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Product Enhancement