You have created a Reconciliation Run for the period-end activities, however the run reported an error 'Cash Ledger Balance for Bank Account XXX Differs from Cash Register' (where XXX stands for the Bank Account number).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Reconciliation view.
- View the relevant run and jump to the Messages tab.
You find the following error: Cash ledger balance for Bank Account XXX differs from Cash register.
- Go to the Cash tab.
- You see the Absolute difference amount.
- You have created a tax payment via bank statement directly. The payment allocation is posted, which updated the balance in the cash-register, however the tax payment remains In Preparation (or In Approval).
- Since this tax payment is not posted, the same amount was not updated in the ledger, which is causing the absolute difference in the reconciliation.
- In order to help you to find the source of the difference, you may use the Cash Reconciliation report. Use the key date to identify precisely when the difference is raised. For example, if you have executed the Reconciliation run for 001/2016, you will see the same difference when you run the Cash Reconciliation with key date 31.01.2016.
- Therefore, change the key date to i.e. 15.01.2016. If there is no difference in this date, you know that the transaction from where the difference comes from dates somewhere between 15.01.2016 and 31.01.2016 and so on. When you find the cut-off date, you may drill down the amount to the Payment List Reconciliation report and see the documents (usually Bank Statements) with the Proposed Posting Date equal to the key date in the report (cut-off date you found). In this bank statement ID, one of the transactions is a payment from or to a tax authority, whose payment allocation is creating the aforementioned tax payment.
In order to clear the difference, you need to post the tax payment. After that you may re-run the Reconciliation run or the Cash Reconciliation report.
Reconciliation, Cash Ledger Balance for Bank Account Differs from Cash Register, closing activities, Periodenabschluss, Technischer Abgleich der Bücher, Kontoauszuges, Finanzamt, Steuer, tax autority, VAT , KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To