Fields hidden by a Page Layout can still be seen by a user despite this layout being assigned to his/her Business Role.
Reproducing the Issue
Prerequisite: You have created a Page Layout ABC (ABC represents the name of the Page Layout) for work center W (W represents the name of the work center) and the view V (V represents the name of the view) and assigned it to a Business Role DEF (DEF represents the name of the Business Role). In that layout you have maintained, that the field GHI (GHI represents the name of the field) should be invisible.
- With a user who has the Business Role DEF assigned, log into the relevant system.
- Go to the work center W.
- Go to the view V.
Result: The field GHI is visible.
While assigning the Page Layout, the Instant Type: Document Type was used and assigned.In the overview (view V) several Instance Types are allowed. The field was hidden for one instance type, but not for another.Since the system cannot at the same time show and not show a field, the field cannot be hidden.
In order to hide the field completely for a Business Role, a second Page Layout can be created where the field is hidden without assigning it to a Instance Type and assigning this layout to the Business Role.
- Create your second Page Layout ABC2, hide the field as requested, but leave the field Instance Type free.
- Go to the work centre Application and User Management.
- Go to the view Business Roles.
- Search and open the Business Role DEF.
- Click View All.
- Go to the tab UI Switches.
- Click Add Row.
- Select the newly created layout ABC2.
- Save your changes.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To