Users report receiving blank notifications and/or missing data (i.e. learning user name) in learning notifications.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - all supported versions
Blank notifications or notifications missing information generally are either:
- Missing syntax tags
- Missing notification labels or the labels have been customized
If notifications are sent blank or with missing data, it is usually due to missing syntax tags in the notification template.
To check available syntax tags:
- From LMS Admin UI, access System Admin > Configuration > Notification Templates.
- Search for the notification template having the issue.
- When viewing the notification template, click the link for syntax tags to show the available syntax tags for the notification.
Generally, missing syntax tags such as those for programs, curricula, and requirements are not included in the default notification coding.
Some examples of these syntax tags:
- <QUAL_ID/> Curriculum ID
- <REQ_QUAL_ID/> Curriculum ID
- <REQ_ID/> Requirement ID
- <PROGRAM_TITLE/> Program Title
- <PROGRAM_ID/> Program ID
Tips on using syntax tags:
- Include the missing syntax tags in template, in between the start and end of <LOOP> tags.
- Ensure the proper syntax tags for the student are also included with the related syntax tags (i.e. <PROGRAM_STUD_ID/> for Program User ID).
Some notification templates require the use of labels, which formats the data in the notification.
NOTE: If customization is needed for your business, we recommend creating new labels instead of editing the default labels and label values. Note that customizations are outside the scope of support.
emails, e-mails, missing, blank, blanks, code, coding, labels, default, standard, learning notification, apm, kal, kac , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem