Can we limit the output or results of the Employee Export to specific groups, such as Departments, Divisions, or Locations?
This can be done by using a restricted admin user, with permission to do an Employee Export for a defined Target Population. When this user runs an Employee Export in Admin Center, or is assigned as the Job Owner for an Employees Export scheduled job, the results should be limited to the defined group, or to the scope of this user's permission.
This can be set up in Role-Based Permissions with the following steps:
- Define the user (restricted admin)'s Permission Group
2. Define the Target population’s Permission Group
3. Create the Permission Role for the restricted admin, assigning Administrator Permissions > Manage User > Employee Export permission.
4. Assign the Permission Groups created in steps 1 and 2 to this role, to grant and specify target groups. Save the role.
5. Test by logging in or proxying as this restricted admin user, and running an Employee Export in Admin Center to verify the result.
6. Once confirmed, the Scheduled Job for Employee Export can be set up with the above user as Job Owner.
limit restrict employee export , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To