There are two records being created in the Job Information of the users upon updating attributes of Position which also includes change in the Reports to (Higher level Position) field.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Company Info > Position Org Chart
2. Perform updates to the position which also includes change to the Reports to (Higher Level Position) field.
3. Upon clicking Save/Submit, a popup appears requesting for confirmation to sync position changes to the incumbents Job Information records.
4. Upon confirming sync, the position is updated and the Job Information records are synced based on Position changes.
5. With only one change to the position, there are two records being inserted in the Job Information of the user/incumbents
This is expected behavior.
One record is created for the changes to the position field attributes which are synced via the Position to Job Information Sync Rule.
The second record is to sync the manager change. The manager change as synced from the change to the Higher-Level Position on the position is not carried out by the Position to job Information Sync Rule.
This action is carried out by a background job which will sync the manager, this requires a second record to be created.
Position Org chart, Position to Job Info sync, Two records, Job Information, position to job info, sync, syncronhize , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem