The Customer Contract Invoice Request is with status as Conflict ,eventhough preceding Contract->Item is not canceled.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- From the Common Task click on the New Contract.
- In the New Contract screen enter all mandatory field and go to the Items tab.
- Click on Add Row button and add service PQR (where PQR is service base item of type - Service - fixed price without actuals) and Save the Contract, which create Contract ABC.
- Maintain the quantity for Service PQR as N (where N is total quantity).
- Select the product PQR and click on the Release button.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Request view and search with Contract ID ABC.
- Select the Customer Contract Invoice Request ABC and click on the Invoice button.
- In the New Invoice screen click on the Save button(without releasing).It creates Invoice Document LMN(where LMN is not released Invoice Document ID).
- You will see at this stage the status of Customer Contract Invoice Request ABC is Proceed and Item PQR under detail section below shows as Invoiced.
- Open the Contract ABC and go to the Items tab.
- Change the quantity of service PQR from N to M (where M is number of quantity less than N) and Save the Contract.
- Go to Invoice Request view again and search for Customer Contract Invoice Request ABC.
You will see the status change to With Conflict.
Since you have change the quantity of item PQR after Invoice Document was created (though Invoice LMN is not yet Released) ,it makes the Customer Contract Invoice Request ABC as Conflict.
This is an expected system behavior.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To