After selecting hundreds of users and then clicking the "Email" link in the Directory Search, some browsers will give the warning
"Email List is too long for browser, please refine selection"
- Why do some browsers work, and others dont?
- How many email addresses before this error is displayed?
- SuccessFactors HCM Suite 1511
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Successfactors
- Navigate to "Company Info"
- Select "Directory"
- Search for users
- select over 100 employees
- click the "email" link
This link generates a "mailto:" url.
This error is displayed due to the maximum length of characters that a browser can support in a URL.
Each browser supports a different number of total characters allowed in a single URL:
- Chrome: 2046 characters
- Internet Explorer: 2083 characters
- Firefox: 65536 characters
KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem