Unable to post employee times when there is no resource maintained. You don't want to use resources rather want to use as services instead.
Error Message: Labor resource assignment mandatory for project time confirmation on DD.MM.YYYY
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to workcenter Time Administration
- Select the view Employees
- Search for required Employee ID
- Select Edit
- Change to tab Employee Times
- Select the row where you want to make changes.
- Under the General tab make any change in the Duration.
- Select Save
It is not possible to post employee times when there is no Resource maintained.
Labour resource assignment is required for Project Time Recording so as to calculate project's internal costs based on labor resource cost rates. However in case user does not want to use resource cost rate as you can create labor resources without a cost rate which would assure that the service cost rate will be determined. The reasons are (at least) twofold:
1) Currently the check in Time Administration is the only place where we give feedback to the user that something might be missing. The risk is pretty high that a user who actually wants to maintain labor resource cost rates eventually forgets to create labor resources after a re-organization and thus wrong costs would be computed.
2) The options here is you can create labor resources without a cost rate which would assure that the service cost rate will be determined.
- Go to Workcenter Cost and Revenue
- Select the view Resources
- Search for the required Resource ID
- Make sure that this Resource ID is Active.
- If it is Blocked then select Edit and select Change Status
- Set the status to Active
- Select Save
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To