- Special characters not displaying when record is updated via a connector.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Populate any input file (Eg. user_data.txt input file), as defined in the Connector Workbook, with a field containing a special characher (Eg. ä).
2. Then run the corresponding Connector.
- There can be a number of reasons why the special character is not displaying (Eg. ä). The cause is usually related to encoding of the individual input file or a predefined locale for the specific Connector in the LMS.
- Firstly, check that the input file is encoded in UTF-8. If the problem is persisting for any of the record's fields (Eg a User's JOBCODE),
- If both of these two things are checked then all UTF-8 characters imported/updated by a connector should display correctly.
- Special Characters
- Default Locale