Special characters not displaying when record is updated via a connector
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Populate any input file (Eg. user_data.txt input file), as defined in the Connector Workbook, with a field containing a special character (Eg. ä).
- Then run the corresponding Connector
- Review the updated/added records
- Note the special characters are not displayed
There can be a number of reasons why the special character is not displaying (Eg. ä) but are usually caused by either:
- Encoding of the individual input file
- Predefined locale for the specific Connector in the LMS
- Check that the input file is encoded in UTF-8
- Check that the Connector's preference locale property is set
- Example for English: sfuser.connector.defaultValue.preferenceLocale=English
- If both of these two things are checked then all UTF-8 characters imported/updated by a connector should display correctly.
SF SuccessFactors UTF-8 LMS Learning encode encoding special high ascii accent character symbol char locale display show missing connector , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem