Special characters not displaying when record is updated via a connector
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Populate any input file (Eg. user_data.txt input file), as defined in the Connector Workbook, with a field containing a special character (Eg. ä).
- Then run the corresponding Connector
- Review the updated/added records
- Note the special characters are not displayed
There can be a number of reasons why the special character is not displaying (Eg. ä) but are usually caused by either:
- Encoding of the individual input file
- Predefined locale for the specific Connector in the LMS
- Check that the input file is encoded in UTF-8 (KBA 2562076)
- Check that the Connector's preference locale property is set (E.g. sfuser.connector.defaultValue.preferenceLocale=English)
If both of these two things are checked then all UTF-8 characters imported/updated by a connector should display correctly.
SF, SuccessFactors, UTF-8, LMS, Learning, encode, encoding special high ascii accent, character, symbol char, locale display show missing connector , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem