Workforce Analytics data is based on data periodically extracted from a customer's internal database(s) and securely transferred to SuccessFactors. A refresh is the act of updating the Workforce Analytics site with data from a new extract.
- Frequency is most often monthly but can be set according to the availability of extracts.
- Refreshes are scheduled well in advance and specific requests are not necessary, unless for additional "mid-cycle" refreshes.
- If the extract is electronically transferred, SuccessFactors detects the incoming files and begins the automated refresh process as soon as all data is received.
- Normal maximum refresh time after receipt of data is five working days (unless a special arrangement is in place) but it may be finished much earlier depending on system performance.
- Support tickets related to refreshes are handled for the most part by Cloud Consulting staff, who perform any manual tasks during a refresh. Specific staff are assigned to each customer, but other staff can step in if they are unavailable. Product Support will assist with the final publication if necessary.
- Site functionality may be affected for a period no longer than a few minutes during final publication. Waiting a short while and refreshing the page will resolve any issues caused by using the site during this stage.
- QA is performed during a refresh, but if the data appears incorrect after it is completed raise an incident and Cloud Consulting will be able to investigate.
KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To