- Admins need a way to manage all notifications that are being sent out by the system, regardless of whether such notifications are on the header (web), through email, on mobile etc. Currently, admins often have to navigate to several different locations in the suite and manage preferences on an individual basis. In many cases, notifications cannot be turned off, which further worsens admin pain.
- In b1602 release, we have an enhancement "Notification Configuration" using which admins can disable or enable required system notification. As of now these notifications include all existing notifications that are delivered by notification service. This includes web notifications that are being sent for Intelligent Services (IS) events. The event center page already covers this, but to simplify the admin experience, the preferences need to be repeated. That means web notifications for IS can be turned on/off at either location.
- Existing push notifications supported by the mobile app:
- To-do – Notifications related to to-do framework when a user receives a to-do assignment. Currently these are from RCM (job requisitions, interview assessment, offer approval), PM (PM form), EC (personal info change).
- Jam – Notifications related to Jam. Currently these are @mention, reply, task assignment, group invitation.
- BizX Platform
1. Role Based Permission is enabled
2. MDF(Generic Objects) is enabled and "Disable OData API" is unchecked
3. SF Notification is enabled in Admin Center->"Mobile Setting", refer to the attachment
4. Intelligent Service is enabled
5. Todo is enabled
6. JAM is enabled
7. User has permission "Access Notifications Center Administrator Preferences"
8. User have permission "Admin access to MDF OData API"
Accessing the Tool
- To access the new tool, go to Admin Center--> "Notification Configuration".
- Administrators should be able to use the tool by default, but access can be controlled with Role-Based Permissions (RBP).
- To grant access permission, open the appropriate permission role in RBP and go to Administrator Permissions--> Admin Center Permissions and select the "Access Notifications Center Administrator Preferences" permission.
NOTE: The Notification Configuration does support the ability to enable or disable email notifications at this time.
Notification Configuration , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To