You have created an Ad Hoc report and uploaded your newly created BIRT template.
You are unable to run the report successfully and get errors like the one below.
NOTE: The report works without the BIRT template. The same error occurs with any reports when a BIRT template you created is uploaded.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core
- Analytics & Reporting
- Ad Hoc Report
- BIRT Template
Reproducing the Issue
- Analytics - Reporting - Ad Hoc reports
- Create an Ad Hoc report and upload a BIRT Template
- When you Run the report Online or via Edit - Generate the below error is shown:
- HTTP Status 400 - Error encountered opening the custom report template
- type Status report
- message Error encountered opening the custom report template description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Error encountered opening the custom report template).
System behaviour as Designed.
In this case, the issue was caused by the BIRT Version (Eclipse) used to create the custom BIRT template uploaded to the Ad Hoc report.
In fact, the BIRT Version 2.6.2 or later was used to create the BIRT Template although currently only the 2.6.0 version is supported.
NOTE: You should be able to convert the templates by opening it in BIRT report builder 2.6.0 version and saving the template.
KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-BIR , BIRT Reports , Problem