The following Configuration Change Requests are considered a new Implemenntation Request and are not in scope of SAP Cloud Product Support. These Implementation Requests would require an indepth understanding of your Business Processes (considering all potential down-stream impacts) and hence it is recommended that either SAP Professional Services or an Implementation Partner is engaged to fulfill such requests.
SuccessFactors Employee Central
The below features and functionality requires in depth understanding of your Business Processes and hence is considered as a part of an Implementation project:
- Workflow Derivation (XML)
- You want to add multiple new Workflows to your existing Workflow Derivation configuration (XML).
- Example: To trigger new Workflow in your existing Employee Central configuration
- NOTE for Live Customers: A single addition or change to the derivation can be requested via Cloud Product Support - you must create the Workflow object and provide its ID as well as the trigger criteria
- You want to add multiple new Event Reasons to your existing Event Reason Derivation configuration (XML).
- Example: To trigger Event Reason Derivation in your existing Employee Central configuration
- NOTE for Live Customers: A single addition or change to the derivation can be requested via Cloud Product Support - you must create the Event Reason object and provide its ID as well as the trigger criteria
- You are looking to add a new association to any Foundation Object
- You can leverage these articles:
- 2285359 - Adding an Association from Custom Foundation Object to MDF Foundation Object (GO to mFO) - Employee Central
- 2285593 - Adding an Association from Custom Foundation Object to a Legacy Foundation Object (GO to FO) - Employee Central" to to work with associations.
- Example: Implementing a new association between Location and Legal Entity.
- NOTE for Live Customers: Cloud Product Support can add the association mapping to the (legacy) Foundation Object (Corporate Data Model xml) and advise on the field-criteria needed for UI Value Help to work correctly.
- You want to create new business logic from scratch.
- You can leverage the document 2277956 - "How to create a Business Rule", to understand how a Business Rule is implemented.
- Additionally you can also refer to "Using Business Rules in SuccessFactors" handbook.
- Example: Trigger a Business Rule to create a new Pay Component in Compensation Information when making changes in Job Information.
- You are looking at extending Employee Central with a custom MDF portlet
- You can leverage the "Implementing Metadata Framework" handbook for further information on support & capabilities.
- Example: Creating a new Object or Portlet (multiple objects) to capture extended Employee related information
- You are looking at extending your existing Employee Central Foundation Object configuration with additional custom Foundation Objects
- You can leverage the KBA 2285199 - How to create a Custom Foundation Object to understand the basics of creating new MDF objects and adding them to the EC configuration.
- Further information, expected behaviours or limitations you can refer to the "Implementing Metadata Framework" handbook and the "Employee Central Master" handbook for further information on support & capabilities.
- Example: Creating a new Custom Foundation Object to extend the Organisation Structure in Job Information
If you are looking to implement any of the above features/functionality then we recommend you to leverage either SAP Professional Services or an Implemtation Partner to ensure your entire business process is understood as well as any downstream impacts the configuration change may have on your current configuration/data structure are considered, in order to build your custom Business Process.
How to engage with a Certified SAP Partner?
Please reach out to our Partners today to engage with an expert.
Steps to enagage a Certified SAP Partner directly
- Visit our "Find and SAP Partner" page,
- Click the "Search the SAP Partner Finder" button.
- You can then use the filter options in the left navigation panel to find a Certified Partner based on your needs.
- Partners can provide quotes and estimates based on your needs.
Please note that each Partner may determine the types of servies they offer for customers. Pricing can vary between Partners. There are a number of Partners that are happy to perform the types of changes/implementations listed here.
Steps to enagage with SAP Professional Services
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or Customer Engagement Executive to get engaged
Configuration Change, CCOR, Implementation, Enable Feature, config change, employee central, ec , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To