- In the "add section" area of programs the button named "External Course" is displayed. When clicking on it in order to add an external course a pop up window opens to search for Items. Although the same pop up window works fine for "Schedule Only", "Online Only"... Items, for "External Courses" none Items are shown.
- Where and how does that External Courses need to be created to be displayed in the search window for programs
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- External Courses it is related to the OCN (Open Content Network) and it was introduced in b1508 (Q3_2015).
- Open Content Network (OCN) is a new feature as part of the 1411 release. Customers want to offer employees the ability to easily access fresh, meaningful content at a reduced cost through Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs). Now they will be able to do so via SuccessFactors Open Content Network partners – starting with lynda.com, Coursera, Udacity, and OpenHPI. With the OCN, our partners’ catalogs can be enabled in our LMS, and made available in catalogs, as part of Programs or Curricula, as well as directly assigned to users by admins or supervisors.
- After setting up user access agreements with one or more of our relevant content providers, the system admin will enable the Open Content Network configurations in System Admin>Configuration>System Configuration>Open Content Network
- Customer will have to set up the OCN functionality on their instance in order to use it.
- Notes to consider about OCN:
The content resides at the content provider site, the LMS links the user to that course at the provider’s site.
-When the user launches an OCN course, they are taken to that providers site to interact with the course outside of the LMS
-Lynda.com offers AICC course tracking, so we are able to utlize session SSO for the user through BizX, and bookmarking and record completion can happen automatically.
-For Coursera, Udacity, and OpenHPI the user will need to log in first at the partner sight before accessing the course
-All commerce functionality is handled outside the application for OCN courses. All courses are set to “No Charge” upon import.
External Course Programs, Programs, External Course , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Learning 1511