- Customer observed that with Linux operating system using Firefox the screen does not render properly in LMS. When you scroll down through the Learning Plan the images and text drag and distort the page.
- Works fine on Firefox with Windows and on Chrome with Linux - therefore this is a specific issue with Firefox when running Linux.
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into our LMS instance on Firefox with Linux OS and scroll through the Learning Plan - the images and text will drag and distort.
Investigating the issue we have concluded this seems to be more of an environmental problem with Firefox when running Linux rather than an LMS application issue.
Please take the next steps and update us with the results:
- Try to disable OMTC and leave hardware acceleration in Firefox enabled.
- about:config page: layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled = false
2. Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox:
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
NOTE: you need to close and restart Firefox after toggling this setting.
You can check if there is an update for your graphics display driver and check for hardware acceleration related issues.
Rendering issue Firefox Linux, Linux OS, operating system, page display, learning plan, images, distortion , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem