We, the Cloud Product Support team, are currently working on an initiative to provide you, our partners, with a comprehensive one stop shop for resources and information sources for the SAP SuccessFactors Analytics & Reporting that you can use for your learning, training, and implementation needs.
The aim is to centralize the available content for the SAP SuccessFactors Advanced Reporting that is already out there for you and also help you by creating Knowledge Articles that cover the most common support issues encountered during implementations and Go-live.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Advanced Reporting
Please use the below links to access the section you need help with:
|||Implementation Support Knowledge & Tips:|
Advanced Reporting is available for all EC Customers irrespective of whether they have purchased Workforce Analytics (WFA) or not.
Advanced Reporting enablement is required to avail of Reporting functionalities as described in the
Note: (All above & below URLs requires a login to the Help Portal).
The following information is intended for administrators who work with the product regularly. SAP implementation partners and SAP consultants.
The implementation of Advanced Reporting for Live Employee Central Customers involves multiple steps to be performed by Partner and SAP and it can take up to 3 weeks to complete.
The different phases of the implementation depends on the employee Central implementation and the customer requirements.
The Advanced reporting enablement involves data structure & data replication to a separate Database which is set up in parallel to the BizX Database. The data is then organised and replicated regularly to facilitate the reporting usage.
For this reasons it is very important that the system is properly running prior the enablement.
You can refer to the Employee Central Advanced Reporting Implementation guide available on the SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics Help Portal page.
- Employee Central is properly configured
- Employee Central implementation check/guidelines are followed (e.g. configuration completed & data loaded in the instance). Refer to Employee Central Implementation tips & tricks from Support KBA for further details.
- As part of Advanced Reporting enablement the Onjline Report Designer Tool (ORD) is configured. You can refer to the Online Report Designer (Implementation Guide) for further details.
- Admin user with access to Analytics tab should be available (KBA 2259035)
- Standards Reports will work only if EC Core and the respective additional features are enabled for EC. E.g. Time off reports will need Time off to be configured
- Advanced Reporting can be activated only for 1 PROD instance and 1 TEST instance per Customer
- Create a separate incident to have the Advanced Reporting enabled for your instance. (e.g. One incident per PROD & 1 for TEST)
- As each new implementation request the incident priority should be Low or Medium.
- Sample configuration changes which requires a data reload:
- EC Foundation Objects
- EC MDF Objects
- Data Model/s
IMPORTANT: If you face an issue where the EC data is not in synch with the Advanced / Detailed Reporting data you may create an incident with the following information:
- Were any configuration changes made to EC recently?
- Was the instance refreshed recently?
- Was the report working before?
- Is the data available via EC for the user running the report? e.g. Employee files, Manage Data etc..
- Affected Report and User name
- Any other information you may find helpful.
- If the above considerations are not followed properly it may cause delays to the whole Advanced Reporting enablement process
- If Employee Central Core functions are not properly configured and Advanced Reporting is enabled it may lead to errors and incorrect behaviour of the respective functionalities with the result of having to reconfigure Advanced Reporting from scratch.
- For existing Customers, if Advanced Reporting is enabled, REALMS instance available, and the company ID is changed the current configuration of Advanced Reporting could break.
General Considerations and Tips for any Advanced Reporting Implementation
With every implementation of Advanced Reporting there are some high level considerations that you need to take into account and plan for during the implementation cycles. It is imperative that you consider at the very least, the common implementation issues mentioned below.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions with the link to the KBA with the available answer.
- Advanced Reporting Data is Out of Synch with Employee Central Data - Describes the Common Scenarios when a reload is required to have up to date data in Advanced Reporting
- Realms: Data does not appear in Realms query after applying "Change Reporting" filter - Provide a sample issue you may face while using Advanced Reporting (Realms) functionalities solved by a refresh of realms template definition in the instance.
- Realms objects display the technical name in the Query Designer - Provide a sample issue you may face while using Advanced Reporting functionalities solved by a reload
- Blank or empty page when selecting Analytics Sub-Tab - Describes why a blank page is shown instead of the Analytics Home page when you select the Analytics sub tab
- No Realm is available - Unable to select any Object or Data field from the Advanced reporting - Describes why you get 'No Realms is available' when selecting Advanced Reporting from the Analytics Tools
- How to Implement Employee Central Standard Reports Templates for Advanced Reporting - Describes the steps to follow to implement EC standard reports
- How to upload EC Standard Report templates in the Report Center - Describes how to upload/import standard report templates when the report center is enabled
- EC Standard Report template upload fails for a few templates - Provide some sample issue you may face while uploading the EC standard templates and what to do next
- Error uploading report bundle to Analytics - Provide a sample error you may face while attempting to upload a report bundle using the Report Transfer tool (e.g. EC Standard Report templates)
- Standard Report errors - No primary table defined - Metadata reload failure (Further infos via the Metadata Framework (MDF) guide Link) - Provide some sample issues you may face while running EC Standard Reports
- Employee Central Advanced Reporting: Standard Reports Headcount and FTEs not working as expected - Provide some sample issues you may face while running EC Standard Reports
- EC Standard Report - tips and trick from Support to validate reports - Guide - FAQ - Provide some 'how to' answers + all known validation errors for the EC Standard Reports
- Workflow reports are not fetching information on Advanced Reporting - How to configure Workflows for Advanced Reporting.
- Advanced Reporting - Report built on Absence Request (Time Off) does not respect Role Based Permission (RBP) - Securing objects in Time Off so that they respect RBP.
- Advanced Reporting - Report built on Time Account does not respect Role Based Permission (RBP) - Securing objects in Time Off so that they respect RBP.
- Manager Report with Person Context not reflecting the expected Restrictions for Time Account data - Securing objects in Time Off so that they respect RBP.
Advanced Reporting, Employee Central, Realms, Query Designer, Implementation, Configuration, ORD, Online report designer, activation, Time Off Reportnig, Workflows, Standard Reports , KBA , advanced reporting , realms , query designer , standard reports , implementation , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data , How To