This article details out all the configuration settings available for a SAP Jam Company Administrator, Group Administrator, and User to manage notification e-mails they receive from SAP Jam.
SAP Note: SAP Jam will send out notifications irrespective of these settings if one or more of the below is true.
- You tell us you forgot your password
- You use the invite-by-email feature (email@example.com)
- You contact us regarding your account status
- We need to confirm your e-mail address for security reasons
- You may be having your e-mail ID populated in SAP Jam Admin->Compliance section.
In addition, if you are a company admin, you may receive critical emails that require your attention.
- In Admin Console->Compliance and Security->Security->E-Mail Settings section, a company admin can check whether e-mail notifications are used in your company. Select the option Allow <your_company> Jam to send members content via e-mail to enable e-mail notifications; deselect this option to disable e-mail notifications.
- In Admin Console->Product Setup->Features->Feature Management section, a company admin can check whether daily alert e-mails and active task reminders are sent in your company.
- Select the Send daily alert emails to all members option to allow users to receive the notification emails listed in the Daily Emails section of their Account Settings->Email Settings page. Disabling this option will prevent users from receiving daily alert emails regardless of any options that they may have checked in the Daily Emails section of their Account Settings->Email Settings page.
- Select the Send active task reminder to all members option to allow users to receive email reminders of their un-completed tasks. Disabling this option will prevent users from receiving active task reminders regardless of whether they have checked the Active Tasks Reminder option in the Daily Emails section of their Account Settings->Email Settings page.
- In Admin Console->Users->Users and Member Lists section, a company admin can prevent a particular user from receiving e-mail notifications. Find the user here->Click Edit. In E-Mail settings section, select Stop all e-mails for All. The default for this option is Enable Emails.
- A group admin can manage the frequency of e-mails from their group. This can be done during the group setup or from Group Admin->Edit Group section later on. Go to Participation->E-mail Notifications and select one among Immediate, Daily, Weekly and None.
- Members of a group can override the settings selected by group admin from the Email Notifications section in the Group Overview page.
- Members can manage which notification e-mails they receive from Account Settings->E-Mail->Notifications tab. Note that if a user has never saved changes in the Email Settings page, then the settings displayed might not accurately reflect the options in use.
SAP Note: Users will receive Daily Email notifications only if the following five conditions are true:
- The Allow <your_company> Jam to send members content via e-mail option is selected in the E-Mail Settings section of the Compliance and Security->Security page.
- The Send daily alert emails to all members option in the Product Setup->Features page is selected.
- The All option in the user's Email Settings section, accessed from the Users->Users and Member Lists page by clicking edit in the row for their account, is set to the default value of Enable Emails.
- At least one of the Daily Emails options in the user's Email Settings page is selected.
- There is content in the category of the daily summary option(s) that is (are) enabled. If there is no content, no daily summary is sent.
KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To