- Permission Sync is not working, user's permissions are not syncing from BizX to ONB
- File is not generated and placed in SFTP
- File in the SFTP is not picked up by Onboarding
- Few of the column information is synced and few column information is not synced.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
- Sync Between BizX and SFTP Fails(i.e.File is not generated and placed in SFTP)
- Sync between SFTP and ONB Module(i.e. File is placed in SFTP but it not picked up from SFTP)
- Sync between SFTP and ONB Module(i.e. File is picked up from SFTP but few column information is not synced to Onboarding)
Permission sync file not getting sent to SFTP
- Image of Job in SFTP
- Manage Schedule Jobs
- Filter by Ad Hoc
- Check that the job is present
- Check if job is submitted
- If the job is not submitted this action is the reason why the file is not placed in SFTP
- If submitted, and not placed in SFTP
- Click the job name to open it
- Check that the “File available in FTP?” option is checked because that is the option that sends the file to SFTP once it has been submitted.
- A correctly configured job in provisioning looks like below.
File is going to SFTP, but it’s not being picked by onboarding.
- Company setting
- Check for Onboarding Account ID
- Super Admin, find account, Features, Foundation Import.
- If the foundation import feature is enabled, ensure that the SFTP folder is correct for example, /ONB/inbound, and the host address.
- Go back to Provisioning, Manage Schedule jobs, filter by Ad Hoc reports and click the job
- Logon to SFTP using the below credentials that will be displayed on the job
- Check the folder based on the path to see if the file is Available
- Find your job in the ONB inbound folder.
- Check that the file name on the job in provisioning is correct
- The file name consists of ONBaccountID_Permission_Sync.csv
- If the above are completed and the file is still not getting picked up.
- Open the report in SFTP check the row headings on the report
- Navigate to Super Admin
- Import Export Settings
- Export the files, and check that the name of the columns in the XSLT file matches the name of the row headings on the report
- The username is not important, User ID and Role Name is required.
- Job Owner below
The permission sync is working, but users are not going to the designated groups in Onboarding
- Navigate to provisioning
- Manage schedule Jobs
- Select Job Type by Ad Hoc
- Click Refresh on the right
- Click the permission sync Job
- Logon to SFTP using server access credentials
- Run the job by hovering over “Select” on the right
- Click “Run it now”
- Click “Monitor Jobs”
- Check the status of the job to see is it completed
- Once completed navigate to SFTP
- Click folder name ONB
- Click Inbound
- Double-click the permission sync file to open it
- In the Excel file, click Data
- Search for the user by the user ID
- If the user is not there that is the reason the permission is not syncing over,
you must tell the client to add the user in the respected permission groups in BizX
- If the user is there check what permission roles are associated with the user
- Now navigate to Onboarding
- Check that the role name in the report matched the group name is Onboarding
- After the above steps are completed if the job is sent to Onboarding, but failing
- Navigate to Onboarding
- Audit Trail
- Select a blank value from the “Type”
- Enter INT for “Event code”
- You can select an “Event From” or take the default date if the sync failed today
- Double-click the job copy the error and open an incident with Support
Tips and Common Error
- Do not add the Onboarding account name in the Foundation Import file on FileMask row.
- Ensure to leave the default as shown below
Permission Sync, SFTP, Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Provisioning, Super Admin, Job, Foundation Import , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , How To