- How to import MDF data?
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: MDF
- SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Import and Export Data
Importing data to an MDF instance is a two-step process: First, you download the correct template for the data, and enter the data that you want to import. The template contains the structure of the object because it is set up in MDF object definitions. Second, you upload the data for that object. Both these operations use the same form that is launched.
To import data:
- On the Admin Center → Employee Files → Import and Export Data.
- On the Import and Export Data page, select Download Template as the action to perform.
- Select a Generic Object
- If you want the package to be generated as a zip file of all CSV files corresponding to the parent object and related child objects, choose Yes in the Include dependencies dropdown. An Import_Sequence.csv file is also generated, containing information such as the name of the file and the sequence in which the CSV files are to be imported.
- Click Download.
6. Open the CSV file that is downloaded and enter the data that you want to import for the object.
7. Save your data.
8. On the Import and Export Data page, select Import Data as the action to perform.
9. Select one of the following options:
For importing the CSV File, the following Import Data form appears. To validate the data before importing it, click Validate; otherwise, click Import.
For importing the ZIP file, the following Import Data form appears. Choose the required file and click Import
For Importing the from the Success Store, the following Import Data form appears. Select the required packages and click Import.
The results are displayed on the Admin Center page under Process Job Monitor → Monitor Job. If there were errors, the job monitor generates error reports with error messages indicating why a particular record was not imported. An e-mail mentioning the status is also sent to the logged-on user.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Import and Export Data