You have created the purchase order XYZ for which you have selected a Limit item. You noticed that no taxes are calculated for the same.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders Work Center.
- Go to Purchase Orders View.
- Select the purchase order XYZ.
- Select the option Edit.
- Go to Items tab.
- Select the Limit item.
- Select the sub tab Taxes.
- See that no taxes are calculated.
The system does not calculate taxes for Limit items. When adding a limit item to a purchase order, the user in fact does not yet know what product is being purchased. The product is only defined during the creation of the Goods and Service Receipt, therefore no tax calculation is necessary for the purchase order.
System is presenting the expected behavior.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To