- Data or fields or objects in Advanced Reporting are not in sync with what appears in Employee Central
- Custom MDF object is not showing on the Advanced reporting (Realms)
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Online Report Designer > Advanced Reporting
- Report Centre > Report - Canvas > Advanced Reporting
Advanced Reporting may display inconsistent data or metadata (fields / tables) compared to what you see from Employee Central (EC) because the Advanced Reporting metadata and Employee Central get out of sync.
This may occur due to one or more of the below reasons:
- Any Employee Central Foundation Object (FO) configuration changes.
- Any Employee Central Metadata Framework (MDF) Object Configuration changes.
- Data Model configuration changes.
Most of the sync issues between EC and Legacy Advanced Reporting could be resolved by a metadata reload.
Common Scenarios when reload is required:
- Any Employee Central Foundation Object (FO) configuration changes: Currently any change to the EC FO is not automatically taken up by Realms therefore manual reload is required to get Realms in sync with the updated configuration.
- Any Employee Central Metadata Framework (MDF) Object Configuration changes: Currently any change to the EC MDF Object is not automatically taken up by Realms therefore manual reload is required to get Realms in sync with the updated configuration.
- Data Model configuration changes: When any configuration changes are made in the data model and it's not reflected in Advance reporting.
- Confirm that there is DATA in the fields before Reload: Certain fields will not appear in advanced reporting unless the instance has some data for that field.
If VBM is enabled in your instance's Advanced Reporting, metadata will be refreshed automatically, once in every 24 hours.
Additionally, you can also perform a manual refresh from the instance itself, with no dependency on us (the support team)
The following article explains how to check the status and to use the self service option:
The Following blog post explains it in a much more detailed manner:
If your instance does not have VBM enabled, kindly create a support incident with as much details as possible, about the sync issue you are facing.
Specific examples would be of great help if any investigation is required.
The reload process requires from a few hours to about a business day (depending on the instance's configuration).
Please note during this time some functionality may be unavailable for the reload duration.
N.B. Support cannot process the scheduling of reloads as there may be other strains on the data centre or the reload may take longer than expected.
If there is a technical issue during the reload it will be detected and the process will be restarted, so delays are possible.
Support will alert you when the process is complete so you can confirm if site is working as expected.
All EC configuration changes should be carried before the enablement of Advanced Reporting (refer to the KBA 2279026 and Employee Central Advanced Reporting Implementation).
If configuration changes were made after Advanced Reporting is enabled you may perform some sample checks on the report data and if you identify any inconsistencies, kindly create an incident with the below iinformaton:
- What configuration was changed? For example, Configuration changes to MDF object, Data Model, Field Name (changed/Added), MDF object etc.
- Was the report data correct before the changes?
- Did you compare the data from the report and the employee Central portlets?
- What Report and field shows Out of Sync data? (needed to replicate and check the issue)
- Which User is facing the issue? (needed to replicate and check the issue)
NOTE: Frequent configuration changes are not recommended as it will make the ODS/Realms out of sync with EC and may require frequent reloads.
Purge, Cache, Advanced, Reporting, Metadata, out, Sync, field, table, missing, Employee, Central, View, Based, VBM, reload, refresh, EC, Report, Canvas, ORD, REALMS
, KBA , reload , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , LOD-SF-WFA-RLD , Reload Requests , How To