- Data or objects in Advanced Reporting (legacy ODS or Realms) are not in sync with what appears in Employee Central.
- Custom MDF object is not showing on the Advanced reporting (Realms).
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Advanced Reporting (Realms/Legacy ODS)
Advanced Reporting may display inconsistent data compared to what you see from Employee Central (EC) because Legacy ODS/Realms and Employee Central get out of sync.
This may occur for the below reasons:
- Any Employee Central Foundation Object (FO) configuration changes.
- Any Employee Central Metadata Framework (MDF) Object Configuration changes.
- Data Model configuration changes.
- Replication process stopped for some technical reason like connectivity issue etc.
Most of the out of sync issues between EC and Legacy ODS/Realms appearing due to the mentioned causes may be resolved by reload.
Common Scenarios when reload is required :
- Any Employee Central Foundation Object (FO) configuration changes: Currently any change to the EC FO is not automatically taken up by Realms therefore manual reload is required to get Realms in sync with the updated configuration.
- Any Employee Central Metadata Framework (MDF) Object Configuration changes: Currently any change to the EC MDF Object is not automatically taken up by Realms therefore manual reload is required to get Realms in sync with the updated configuration.
- Data Model configuration changes: When any configuration changes are made in the data model and it's not reflected in Advance reporting.
- Replication process stopped for some technical reason like connectivity issue etc: Once replication is restarted, to sync the missing data, reload is required.
The reload process requires from a few hours to about a business day (depending on the size of the source database). Please note during this time some functionality may be unavailable for the reload duration.
N.B. Support cannot process the scheduling of reloads as there may be other strains on the data centre or the reload may take longer than expected.
If there is a technical issue during the reload it will be detected and the process will be restarted, so delays are possible. Support will alert you when the process is complete so you can confirm if site is working as expected.
All EC configuration changes should be carried before the enablement of Advanced Reporting (refer to the KBA 2279026 and Employee Central Advanced Reporting Implementation).
If configuration changes are made after Adavanced Reporting is enabled you may perfrom some sample checks on the report data and if you identify any inconsistencies you may create an incident with the below information:
- What configuration was changed? For example, Configuration changes to MDF object, Data Model, Field Name (changed/Added), MDF object etc.
- Was the report data correct before the changes?
- Did you compare the data from the report and the employee Central portlets?
- What Report and field shows Out of Sync data? (needed to replicate and check the issue)
- What User is facing the issue? (needed to replicate and check the issue)
NOTE: Frequent configuration changes are not recommended as it will make the ODS/Realms out of sync with EC and may require frequent reloads.
out of sync
, KBA , reload , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , LOD-SF-WFA-RLD , Reload Requests , How To