How to schedule reports to run Offline, send to File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or send to Email using Report Distributor tool.
This KBA should help you to create a schedule report using the tool Report Distributor.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- Report Canvas
- Online Report Designer
- Advanced reporting
- Report Distributor
- In addition to Email, reports be distributed by File Transfer Protole (FTP) or Run Offline;
- File Formats Supported: PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Excel & CSV;
- Tables within the application can now be added directly to new or existing bundles, or exported from within the main UI as Excel files;
- Simplify integrations using FTP;
- Burst Reports to Managers inboxes as file attachments;
- Users are able to continue using the application while a report is running offline.
- User must have access to Report Distributor;
- To configure FTP address, User must have permission to FTP Configuration screen;
How to Access the Report Distributor tool:
- Without Report Center: Go to Home > Analytics > Analytics > Select the Report Distributor tool on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Wit Report Center: Go to Home > Reporting > View Schecules > Switch to the Legacy Report Distributor Tool.
How to create a bundle:
- On the Report Distributor tool, click on "New Bundle";
- Give the Bundle a name;
- Select the Export Type (PDF, MS Word & MS PowerPoint).
Add Items to your bundle:
You can either add a report, Excel Table or CSV Table
Select how to run the bundle:
- Send to E-mail: Content will be sent to the recipients set up for this bundle.
- Run Offline: Download link will be made available on the Job Status page when content is ready. Content will remain for 7 days
- Send to FTP: Content will be sent to the FTP server setup for the organisation.
1 - Running by E-mail:
- Click on "Edit Recipients" and then in "Add Recipients"
- Use the Wildcard Search option to search for people to be add to recipeints
- The Recipient should be a BizX User for you to add them as Recipients;
- Note also that Report Distributor only looks at the WFA users, the user will need an Analytics permission;
- You need to make sure that all users selected as recipients have access to run the report/queries. If one of the recipients listed have no access, the bundle will fail and the next recipients will not receive the e-mail notification/report.
2 - Running Offline
- Select the "Run Offline" button;
- Go to "Schedule" > Add;
- When running the bundle offline, you will need to set the following:
- When do you want the schedule to start;
- What time do you want the schedule to start;
- How often do you want the schedule to run (One time, Daily, Weekly or Monthly);
- Turn the bundle active.
You can also check the Job Status. The Job has three Status:
- Runtime Failure.
Please Note: Bundles that have been run offline can only be downloaded by the user who created them. The files will only be available for seven days.
3 - Send to FTP
- Select the "FTP" button;
- Click on "Go to FTP setup";
- Set the ftp configuration:
- IP Address/Hostname: (the destination host)
- Username: (your username)
- Password: (your password)
- Directory: (give the directory a name)
- File Transfer Protocol: (FTP or SFTP)
Please note: if you need that different bundles goes to different folders without overwriting the first bundle's folder, you need to follow these additional steps:
- Select the bundle name;
- Click on "FTP Folder Setup";
- Click on "Custom" option.
It will enable the field and you can write the folder name already configured for each bundle in the previous step. You can repeat this step for each bundle that need to be in a different folder.
Report Distributor, Run Report Distibuted by File Transfer Protocol(FTP), Run Report Offline, Report Distributed by E-mail, How to create New Bundle, Define the Recipeint, Online Report Designer, Scheduled Job , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RDT , Report Distributor , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To