In BizX we can update NO_MANAGER for top level employee who don't have any supervisor (EX: CEO, etc.). But in LMS, NO_MANAGER will not be updated, not even with the User Connector - SF.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- NO_MANAGER cannot be updated in the LMS because the LMS application will expect only Users' records in the Supervisor field. It is not possible to add any value or data which is not available in LMS.
- If you try to add any value or data in supervisor field which is not available in the LMS, the connector job will reject the record.
- If you navigate to System Admin > Configuration > CONNECTORS and search for "@nullify@" you will see that it is used for the value "NO_MANAGER". This connector property is used to notify the application that whenever supervisor fields come with value "NO_MANAGER", the application ignores the value and processes the user record successfully. Note that it won't update or remove the existing supervisors from LMS, meaning that this property also won't nullify existing supervisors.
- In case you want NO_MANAGER to update in the LMS, you should create a user with ID "NO_MANAGER " and should remove the @nullify@ property from connector configurations, so that the connector job will update the user records with NO_MANAGER user record.
- If you want to nullify the existing supervisors for the users in LMS who are coming in with NO_MANAGER, prepare a feed file with empty supervisor value and add SUPER field with updateOnNull property and run user connector. When user connector runs with empty supervisor field, connector will nullify supervisors if the updateOnNull property is configured.
Remember to test in your stage environment before performing changes in production.
2266821 - Nullifying custom columns via User Connector
2404463 - LMS Connectors - Connector Workbooks FAQ
NO_MANAGER, User Connector - SF, @nullify@, Supervisor, Update , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem