I want to change the message in the panel displayed to the manager / new hire
I want to remove the message in a particular panel
I'm not able to change the locale of the welcome link
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding - All Versions
The message displayed in the panel is taken from the localization resource file. So modify the message, the localization resource file should be updated.
Prerequisite : Access to Super admin site
- In the admin site , see whether you have Debug extended locale : DBG2 (Admin site -> Locales). If you do not have this locale, please add it.
- If you have "debug extended locale" already available in super admin, then you can switch to Debug extended locale
- If you login through BizX, then click on the drop down near your name. Choose Options in the drop down
- Click on Change language and change the locale.
- If you directly login to Onboarding then Go to Profile tab and change the locale.
- Change your locale to Debug Extended Locale (make note of the current locale)
- Your screen will have lot of keys. It is expected behavior.
- Process one candidate. When you come to the panel where you want to change the text, please make note of the Keys (Example: L:lblManagerTurn2.Text;XpressHR.UserControls.App_LocalResources.ApplicantSignForms.DBG2.ascx.resources)
- Here L represent Local and G represents Global. Next is the key (lblManagerTurn2.Text). Then is the path (XpressHR.UserControls.App_LocalResources.ApplicantSignForms.DBG2.ascx.resources)
- To change the locale of the link in the welcome letter: Click on the link and it will open in the browser. This link will end with account information. After this account information you have to add &Locale=DBG2. (https://onboarding4preview.sapsf.com/ONB/ApplicantPage.aspx?HRDataId=<Unique ID>&Account=<Company id>&Locale=DBG2)
- Now Go to Super administrator site -> Import/Export Setting -> LocalizationResource
- Click on LocalizationResource
- Select Export and submit
- Open the xml file in an XML editor
- Find the key (lblManagerTurn2.Text) in the XML / If the key is not available then add the key, path and the value.
- Change the message and save the file
- Now Go to Super administrator site -> Import/Export Setting -> LocalizationResource and import the file
- Now go to the application -> My profile and change the locale to the default one
- Run the test and confirm the updated message
NOTE: Please ensure to delete the DBG2 from the Path in the XML file, or Change it to Locale the file is being altered for e.g. en-US
- After Changes
Localization Resource file ; Panel ; update message ; localization file , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-PAN , Panels, Panel Designer , How To