- Legacy Picklist values are not visible after migration to MDF
- Mapping between legacy and migrated MDF picklists
- Error while doing import for legacy picklists which have been migrated to MDF
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Meta Data Framework
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Getting error when clicking on picklists which have been migrated to MDF
- Picklist is blank after migration to MDF
- While importing the picklist from Admin Center > Picklists Management, you get below error :
"The picklist is linked to the "externalCode" MDF Picklist and cannot be updated. Please update the MDF Picklist."
- For eg. picklist id of legacy picklist was "mdfPosition" :
- When you try to import it using Picklists Management, you get below error :-
If you get this error while updating/inserting values in the picklists, it means they have been migrated to MDF and you need to update corresponding MDF picklist in the Configure Object Definitions page.
Please follow the steps mentioned below :-
1) Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions > Picklist > Check the picklist with same picklist id as in legacy.
2) The code ( picklist id ) should be same for MDF picklist as defined in legacy.
3) Create mapping for MDF and legacy picklist.
- Under Manage Data > Create new > MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map object.
- Select MDF picklist from dropdown.
- Set Legacy Picklist ID.
4) Now, all picklist values (MDF as well as legacy) will be visible in corresponding dropdown list.
5) If you have requirements to add additional values to the picklist, go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions > Select migrated picklist > Take Action > Add values.
Note: In the case that there is a duplicate entry after the MDF Migration Follow these steps to resolve duplicate entry
Remove the mapping entry in Manage Data > "MDF Picklist to Legacy Picklist Map".
A. Find the specific mapping > Click on Take Action > Click "Permanently Delete" > Click Yes to confirm
Once the Mapping is removed, then you can import the legacy picklist with the modified field for the duplicate entry
You can list this object as 'OBSELETED' or 'DELETED' in the 'Status' field, in the Legacy Picklist Tempate.
After you have imported this change, then re-create the mapping from the MDF Picklist to the Legacy Picklist.
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- EC: Employee Central
- Legacy Picklist Migration
- Manage Data
- Configure Object Definitions
- MDF Picklists