Steps to manually upload Files to SFTP server for automated jobs
SuccessFactors Cloud HCM: SFTP/Scheduled Jobs
To import files to SFTP server, you need to have a SFTP account created for your instance. In case, you still do not have a SFTP account created for your instance, please open an incident with SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support for assistance.
- Supported file formats are .csv and .txt
- You can download the Employee Import File template via Admin Center-> Employee Export-> Export Template.
- You may choose a third party tool to upload the Employee data file to the SFTP server, however if you want to upload it manually then please follow the steps below:-
1. On your web browser, open the link https://sftpx.successfactors.com (x is the datacenter location of your instance). For EU datacenters, the link will be https://sftp012.successfactors.eu for DC12 and https://prodftp2.successfactors.eu for DC2.
2. Type in your SFTP username and password
3. Click on Incoming folder (this folder name should be same as the file path you have mentioned in the FTP set up sheet):
4. Click on Upload
5. Browse and Upload the File (.csv or .txt), the file format and the file name should be the same as the one you have mentioned in the FTP Set Up sheet. For example: CompanyID_EMP_yymmdd.csv. If you have chosen to encrypt the file, the filename format will look like- CompanyID_EMP_yymmdd.csv.pgp.
Please note the file size is limited to 2GB.
The data file must be uploaded to the SFTP server before the scheduled time. The scheduled time can be hourly, daily, weekly or monthly. The job will fail due to various reasons like no file placed in the SFTP server on time, incorrect filename or incorrect date format. Apart from uploading Employee Import files, if you want an automated job to process other file at the backend you can follow the same steps to upload it, for example- File for Goal Import, Live Profile Import, Import Positions, Batch Upload Employee Photos etc. You are requested to open a new incident for each job type to schedule the job at the backend.
Import files, SFTP server, Scheduled Jobs, Employee Data File , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To