You run the Statutory Report: Journal - France and notice that on the resulting .txt file there is a break in the line after the G/L Account's name and this prevents the files from being read by the French Tax Administration:
00058|Report de solde|20000000023|20140101|280500|Amt Logiciel
|||2014-02-00000003|20140217|Exécution du report de solde|55 849,69|C|||20140217|55 849,69|EUR
Reproducing the Issue
- Open General Ledger work centre
- Go to Periodic Tasks view
- Select Statutory Reports
- Choose Journal - France
- Click on New
- Run the report
- Check the .txt file, you can see a break on some lines
These breaks are displayed because there is an extra character (line feed) after the G/L Account's name in Business Configuration which is propagated to the report.
This character probably comes from copying and pasting the G/L Accounts' names into ByDesign during configuration.
- Open Business Configuration work centre
- Go to Implementation Project, choose the relevant project
- Open the Activity List
- Navigate to Fine-tuning
- Search for the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination
- Choose Edit chart of accounts
- Select the relevant Chart of Accounts
- Check the G/L Accounts impacted in Journal - France .txt file you can see an extra line (screenshot?) is displayed
- Navigate to the second (empty) line, press Delete (leftward arrow key)
- Repeat for all the impacted G/L Accounts
The extra-line should now be gone and data in Journal-France .txt file should be displayed correctly once you run the report again.
If you check the Journal Entries associated to the G/L Accounts in the impacted lines, you will notice that the extra line is displayed there as well before correction.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , Product Enhancement