- How to work with Employee to Candidate Conversion?
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
To convert profiles, a conversion scheduled job runs and checks for conditions. Once conditions are met, the system disassociates the Candidate Profile from the Employee Profile and converts it to an external Candidate Profile.
How is employee to candidate conversion triggered?
- Inactivate the BizX user account.
- Allow the scheduled job to run.
How is the user’s primaryEmail (username) value selected when they are converted to external?
The system uses a set of hard-coded, non-configurable business rules to select the most reasonable username possible:
- It will first attempt to restore the candidate’s original primaryEmail value (Lorna@gmail.com), which is only possible if the candidate was originally converted from external to internal.
- If this is not available or unique, the system will attempt to use the candidate’s internal email address (email@example.com).
- If this is not available or unique, the system will use the system username value (lokamoto).
- If this is not unique, the system will append an integer to make it unique (lokamoto3).
Does the candidate receive an email notification after the profile is converted?
This is possible by enabling this email up in:
- Admin Center;
- E-Mail Notification Templates Settings
- Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion Success Notification.
This email attempts to send to the contact email address on record. There may be no external email address stored for an internal candidate converted to an external candidate, so advise the client the email may not reach the candidate. This may affect how the client thinks about the data privacy implications of this feature.
2081617 - Employee to Candidate Conversion - Recruiting
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To