While creating a New Goods and Service Receipt, system throws the error message: Business residence not determined for goods and services receipt item.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Choose Purchase Orders to Be Delivered view.
- Choose Show by Documents subview.
- Search purchase order XYZ.
- Choose New Goods and Service Receipt option.
- Choose Save or Post.
- System triggers the error.
The Purchase Order Account Assignment for this item is a project and the respective project responsible unit is not marked as Cost Center, hence the system is unable to determine the Business Residence.
Follow below steps to resolve this issue;
- Go to Organization Management workcenter.
- Select Org Structures view.
- Highlight the Org Unit and select Edit button.
- Select the current Org Unit (Project responsible org unit).
- Go to Definitions tab.
- Select Cost Center check box.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To