- Integrating your SAP Jam instance with LMS
- Business Records in SAP Jam
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Available for Advanced Plus and Enterprise editions only
To integrate your LMS system with your SAP Jam instance, follow the steps mentioned in sequence as mentioned below:
1. Gather SuccessFactors Learning OAuth token information
The first procedure in setting up your SuccessFactors Learning integration with SAP Jam is to configure the SuccessFactors Business Suite to work with your SAP Jam service.
To configure the SuccessFactors Business Suite, do the following:
- Log in to the SuccessFactors Business Suite and select Admin Center from the main menu.
- Click the Learning icon in the Company Processes & Cycles panel, and select Learning Administration from the context menu. The Learning Administration section is displayed.
- Enable the integration of SuccessFactors LMS and SAP Jam by clicking the System Admin icon from the top menu bar, expanding the Configuration section in the left sidebar, and click System Configuration. The LMS_ADMIN configuration file is displayed.
- Search in the LMS_ADMIN configuration file for "jamIntegrationEnabled", ensure that it is set to "true", and click Apply Changes.
- Gather the OAuth information that will be required for your SAP Jam configuration, which is also available in the System AdminConfiguration section by clicking OAuth Token Server. A page of the OAuth Token Server information is displayed.
- Click the Generate a new client secret button. A new field is displayed underneath the Client ID field, labeled Newly Generate Client Secret.
- Copy and save the following information to add to your SAP Jam configuration:
- Client ID
- Newly Generated Client Secret
- Public Key
- The URL of your SuccessFactors Learning service
Update “successFactorsCubeTreeBaseURL” according to the correct server mapping (see below).
|DC||Location||SuccessFactors Platform (Production & Preview)||SAP Jam (Prod. & Preview)|
|DC2||Amsterdam, NL, EU||
|DC4||Chandler, AZ, US||
|DC8||Ashburn, VA, US||
|DC10||Sydney, NSW, AUS||
|DC12||St. Leon-Rot, DE, EU||
|DC17||Toronto, ON, CA||
Sao Paulo, BRA
2. Register SuccessFactors Learning as an External Application in SAP Jam
Please note that 'External Applications' section is only available for customer on the Advanced Plus or Enterprise edition of SAP Jam. Therefore if your instance is not on Advanced Plus or Enterprise you cannot complete the following steps. (SAP Jam and LMS integration will still integrate.)
Create an External Application entry to register your external application with SAP Jam. This procedure is the required step in SAP Jam for setting up a secure data connection with your external business application, including integrations via SAP NetWeaver Gateway, via SAP HANA Cloud Platform, with SAP Cloud for Customer, with a Third Party OData Source, or with SuccessFactors Learning.
- Access the Admin console and select External Applications from the left navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Application. A drop-down menu listing the available external application types is displayed.
- Select the SuccessFactors Learning option. The External Application, add a SuccessFactors Learning application form is displayed.
- Type in a meaningful name in the Name text box, such as one that names the external application and/or its dedicated use.
- OAuth 2.0 Client Id: Enter the value from the OAuth Token Server page's Client ID field.
- Secret: Enter the value from the OAuth Token Server page's Newly Generated Client Secret field.
- Service Provider: Enter your SuccessFactors Learning server's domain name.
- Service Provider Name: This field is pre-filled and is not editable.
SAP Jam establishes a trust relationship with SuccessFactors Learning via OAuth client certificate. SAP Jam authenticates the current user against SuccessFactors Learning so they can view learning data in SAP Jam.
Click Save. You are returned to the Jam AdminExternal Applications page, where the list of external applications that have been added is displayed, now including the external application that you have just registered.
3. Add an OAuth Client
To authorize an external application to access the SAP Jam API, you must register the external application as an OAuth client in the Jam Admin OAuth Clients section of the SAP Jam Admin console. To manage OAuth Clients, do the following:
- Access the Admin console and select OAuth Clients from the left navigation sidebar. The Jam Admin OAuth Clients section is displayed. This page presents a catalog of previously configured OAuth Clients, with UI controls that allow you to View, Edit, or Delete existing OAuth Clients, or to add a new OAuth client (Add OAuth Client).
- To add an OAuth client, click Add OAuth Client at the upper right corner of the page. The Register a new OAuth Client page is displayed.
. Name --- You can keep the same name as you would have kept for your business record (eg - LMS or learning)
. Integration URL -- The URL for your Learning administration. You can get it by navigating to LMS admin from BizX-> admin Center -> LMS admin and get the URl from the address bar
. X509 Certificate -- You need to get it from LMS side from the LMS OAuth settings under LMS admin settings. This would be the Public Key noted earlier in Step 1.7 System Admin>Configuration>OAuth Token Server
4. Register the SuccessFactors Learning business record in SAP Jam
Once you have completed the required configuration to access your external application from SAP Jam, you need to further configure it by adding the business records that you want to access. For SuccessFactors Learning, only the "Item" business record type is currently supported.
To register business records:
a. In the Admin consoleExternal Applications section, click on Action beside the OData application for which you want to add objects and select Manage Record Types from the context menu. The Manage Record Types screen is displayed for that application.
b. Click Add Record. The Add Record Type dialog box is displayed.
c. In the Name field, enter a meaningful name for the object that you want to add.
d. Note that the External Type and Annotation fields are pre-filled with static values and are read-only.
e. Add Language: currently, only English (EN) is supported.
f. Select Import External Resources to import the data using the URLs listed above.
Note: To ensure a successful import of external resources, you—as the logged in Jam admin—must have a corresponding account in SuccessFactors Learning, and you must also have access to the learning catalog.
SAP Jam will attempt to import the indicated resources, and it will display a message indicating the success or failure of the import, and information on the cause of a failure if one occurs and the cause can be determined.
g. Select Can be featured or unfeatured in groups to enable this option.
h. Select Can be primary object in top-level group to enable this option.
i. Select Can be primary object in subgroup to enable this option.
j. Select Filter Feed to enable users to add or remove feed entries of this object type.
k. Select Feed History to see the feed history independently of follows.
l. Select Show Search to enable keyword searching in the business data browser.
When rendering a list of External Objects, SAP Jam may also show a "search" box. If this option is selected, you can also set:
- In the Hint field, you can enter a display string that tells the user what field the search is performed on.
- In the Property field, you can enter the actual OData property name that the search is performed on.
Note: For SuccessFactors Learning, only "Title" is supported as the property of a search.
Internally, Jam will make a [GET] request to the OData collection for the given object type, using an OData $filter expression on the Property specified in the configuration screen. For example:
[GET] <OData Service Root>/ObjectCollection?$filter=startswith('text', Property)
m. Note that the "Can be mentioned in feed posts" option is not currently supported for SuccessFactors Learning integrations.
SAP Jam - LMS integration Jam/LMS integration Learning integration with Jam Learning items within SAP Jam group , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-LMS , JAM integration issues with LMS , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-JAM , Jam Integrations , How To